Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Middle School, 3rd grade, and Kindergarten

Yesterday I received all the paperwork for Gavin's start of Middle School. I cried. Imagine that. There should be a warning label on all children that reads...They will grow up and fast, you won't be ready for it, no matter how well you think you have prepared yourself. But children don't come with any labels or warnings and as I read through the paperwork and realized that I would not be allowed to drive Gavin to school, park, walk him in and take his picture with his teacher, I cried and he laughed. So, it's the bus for Gavin this year. This is the first time I have not taken him to school, but school starts at 7:50 am and ends at 2:40 pm for him.He's excited and I am trying to be excited for him.
Today I went to the elementary school to pick up Madison's paperwork and find out who her teacher is for this year. She got a really good teacher and I am very excited for her. One of her friends from church will finally be in her class. For the past 2 years they have always been in the class across the hall from each other. Madison will start 3rd grade this year and she will be getting baptised in a few weeks. I have been planning for her baptism for a while now and thought I was prepared for it. Wrong! Saturday I was going through pictures for a slide show (I will post on her 8th birthday) and it just broke my heart. She is growing up too fast. I still see her with chubby little cheeks twirling her feet as a baby. But, she's not a baby anymore. She is a feisty young lady with lots of spirit.
We are still waiting to find out who Callie will have as her Kindergarten teacher and the wait is about to kill Callie. She is so excited! Again, I'm NOT! I try to be. I promised her I would be brave and not miss her so much, but, well, that's not going so well. She has been the baby for so long and it's been me and her for so long I just don't know what I am going to do without her with me all day. Pre K was supposed to prepare me for this, but it didn't. School starts August 18th and the kids are so excited. I will update with all the happenings of the 1st day of school as soon as I can catch my breath or stop crying. Whichever comes first.

1 comment:

Angie said...

YOu can come cry at my house when Callie goes to school. Ella told me that she doesn't want to go to stinky kindygarden. :-) I'm sure she'll be singing a different tune in a few years.