Sunday, August 2, 2009

Now that Gavin is 12...

Now that Gavin is 12 things are starting to get more busy ( I didn't think that was possible) and more emotional for me. He went to Priesthood for the first time today and I honestly thought I was going to cry all through the third hour of church. Tuesday night will be his first night in Young Men and they are going to go on a canoe ride. Not sure if I should be more worried about him or the YM leaders that will now have to put up with him. And tonight just before bed he said, "Oh Mom, Wednesday night I have an interview with the Bishop." I said, "What, not yet, I'm not ready." And Gavin said, "well, I am." They grow up so fast. But, at least I know that Gavin is ready for the responsibility that comes with getting older even if I'm not anywhere near ready to let him grow up.

No comments: