Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 4th in Missouri

For those of you unaware of this fireworks are LEGAL in Jackson County Missouri. To some this may not be a big deal, but to my wonderful husband and very impressionable son this is a HUGE deal. Since we moved out here 5 years ago I have despised, detested, and even cursed July 4th. Not because of the holiday itself. I am very proud of the men and women that serve our country and those that fought to make us a free country. I loathed the fireworks that start so early and end so late. Our neighborhood is AWFUL on the 4th. However, this year Derron and Gavin decided to add to the mayhem. We had a cookout across the street at the Waite's house and visited with great friends who we love and are going to miss so much when we move. Ryan, like Derron and Gavin LOVES fireworks! So, between Derron and Ryan there were A LOT of fireworks purchased and shot off. We had a great July 4th and thankfully the noise stopped just after midnight. The fireworks you see in the picture are just the ones Derron purchased. Ryan had just as many. I swear they were firing stuff off for hours.

No comments: