We left Missouri on July 4, 2010 and headed to the hot and sticky south. We left behind our best friends, our "Missouri Family" and we are trying to deal with that. I thought when we moved to Missouri that it was going to be awful. I was wrong. Living in Blue Springs Missouri was absolutely wonderful. Derron, the kids, and I forged friendships that will last a lifetime. Our family grew in size and strength. I had the pleasure of working with the young women of our ward for 5 yrs. That's right 5 yrs. It was such a blessing working with those beautiful young ladies. I am not sure that they are aware of it, but each one of them touched my heart and helped my testimony of the Gospel grow. I love them all so much.
Our first Sunday there this sweet young woman invited us over to have dinner with her and her family. Little did I know that she would become like a sister to me. Katie Stowe, if you read this...thank you for always being there for me and for welcoming my family into your family.
Derron and I were blessed to have amazing friends...The Stowes, Waites, Poulsens, Ostroms, Kiefers, Atagis, Farrs, and a few others. We will always love you and hope that you come to visit us often!
GEORGIA...........IT'S HOT and MUGGY! But, it's home. It always has been and always will be. Our families are here. Our childhood best friends are here. We are so blessed to be able to live near them all and to have our children grow up around them. We have a beautiful home(that we can't move into until the stair rail get in) and we are trying to get used to being in a small town again. That may take a while! We are definitely excited about our new adventure, but things are crazy right now. Everyone says we should be so happy to be moving home and that everyone is so happy to have us home, but leaving our "Missouri Family" was very difficult. It's going to be a slow journey adjusting to life in the south again, but we like a good challenge. As of right now we still feel like we are just visiting. We are living out of suitcases at Derron's parents house until the stair rail gets put up. I guess it will sink in Sunday when we don't have to leave to fly back to Missouri. I promise to try my very best to update as often as I can. Love to you all.
June 2025
1 year ago

.jpg)









1 comment:
You and your family are AMAZING! It is going to be hard when we get together for different things and you are not there! You have touched mine and my families life! Thank you for being such an amazing friend! You and your family are the BEST! ~Kari
Post a Comment