Friday, March 6, 2009

New Year with A BIG surprise!



We celebrated the New Year pretty much the same way we always do. Derron was on call and in bed by 10:30. Madison and Callie were too tired to stay up and they went to bed early too. As usual this left me to stay up with Gavin who could go without sleep for days I'm sure. We watched the ball drop and off to bed I went. A few days later I decided that I would hop on the Blog bandwagon and so I attempted to start this blog. Well, I started a post and realized that I wasn't feeling well, so I put it off until later. The next morning I could hardly get out of bed, because I was so tired. The date: January 6, 2009 I got the kids dressed and ready for school, dropped them off, came home and looked at the calendar. Well, I knew something was off, but there was no way that THIS was possible. Lucky for me I always keep an EPT in the bathroom cabinet. By 10:30 am I was having a panic attack. I was PREGNANT with baby #4. Shocked, surprised, and completely knocked off my feet, I paged Derron and prayed that a nurse did not call me back. Luckily he called me back and the only thing I could get out of my mouth was, "I'm pregnant. Not sure how this one happened." Of course Mr. CALM, COOL, and COLLECTED says, "Okay, call your Dr. set up an appt." Needless to say we are thrilled and the kids are extremely excited and Callie can not wait to be a big sister. Some surprises are good, even if they take some getting used to. Anyway...it has taken me until now March 6 to finally write on our Blog. Hopefully I will be able to keep it updated.

No comments: